Front of House Volunteers
Volunteer opportunities at the Coventry Belgrade Theatre
Volunteers are valued members of the Belgrade team. Volunteering is a great opportunity to gain practical work experience, learn new skills and make new friends, whilst playing a vital role at your local theatre.
- To check that seating areas and evacuation routes are kept clear of any obstacles.
- To check customers have the correct ticket for that performance.
- To direct customers in/out of the theatre and to the appropriate facilities before, during and after each performance
- To assist disabled patrons to their seats.
- To assist in delivering excellent customer service to all patrons.
- To ensure the theatre operates within the boundaries of health & safety during each performance
- To supervise the audience during a performance taking appropriate action where necessary, e.g. asking patrons to quieten down or stop taking photos.
- To act as an evacuation marshal as and when required
- Post show to check the auditorium for lost property.
- To maintain good working relationships with all persons associated with the Belgrade Theatre
- To promote and comply with the Belgrade Theatre’s equal opportunity policy
- To embrace and adhere to the Brand Values of the Belgrade Theatre.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- PA polite and friendly nature
- Ability to use own initiative
- A flexible and adaptable approach to fulfilling the duties of the post
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- To be punctual and reliable
- Experience of working with a volunteer scheme
- Interest in theatre and the arts
- Ability to think creatively
- Enthusiasm for proactive customer relationship building
We operate a rolling programme of recruitment for our Front of House Volunteers.